Sunday, February 8, 2015
These are the ingredients you need:
1/2 cup of soy milk (100 ml)
1 cup of sunflower oil (250 ml)
1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon of mustard
A pinch of salt & some pepper to taste
Please make sure you buy unsweetened soy milk. I like my soy milk made solely from water & soy beans, without any additives. You can replace the sunflower oil by any vegetable oil, but I believe the sunflower oil gives the best results. Some people like to use extra virgin olive oil.
Tools you need:
Grab your hand-held blender! Never tried it with an upright blender, but it should work just fine as well.
1. Blend everything except the sunflower oil.
2. Pour the soy milk + mustard + apple cider vinegar + salt + pepper in a jug.
3. Blend for 3 seconds, just to get everything mixed.
4. Then add sunflower oil while mixing as I like to pour the sunflower oil slooowly into the mixture while blending... But that is because I like some kitchen drama. If you add the oil all in once, it still works.
5. Just blend and watch the magic happen!
It takes about 30 seconds to get your mayonnaise.
All done! Stored in a jar, it keeps up to 2 weeks in your fridge.
Tip: add some grated garlic, spring onion, rosemary or curry to your mayonnaise. Perfect, try your snacks with this mayonnaise. You won't be disappointed! Enjoy!